Help centre - Food and drink

Food and Drink (including organics)



I have questions about home composting

Please visit our home composting FAQs section on Recycle Now

Do we need a waste management licence if we are setting up a commercial compost facility?

The composting operation will require a waste management licence (or an exemption, dependent on throughputs). The licence usually specifies the types of materials allowed to be processed. Please refer to the Organics Recycling Group or Environment Agency.

Can you give technical advice on setting up a composting facility?

WRAP are unable to provide technical advice on setting up a compost facility. We would suggest that in the first instance you speak to the Organics Recycling Group ( You may also find some useful, more general, information on our composting webpages, please see

Compost suppliers

WRAP's Compost Supplier Directory is now closed. The Compost Certification Scheme offers an alternative called the Certified Producers directory which effectively supersedes the WRAP directory.

What work is WRAP doing within the organics sectors (e.g. agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and regeneration etc)?

Please visit our 'Organics' pages for more information

Where can I find the BSI PAS 100 Compost Specification report?

WRAP no longer advises in this area. You can find out more about the latest version of this report on the Quality Compost website.

Where can I find a map of Anaerobic Digestion sites in the UK?

Please visit the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association website for an interactive map of all AD plants in the UK.


What work is WRAP doing in the hospitality sector?

Please visit our hospitaility pages for more information

Food waste

What work is WRAP doing regarding food waste?

Please visit our food waste pages or Love Food Hate Waste for more information.

Still looking for an answer? Try searching this site.