Zero Waste Scotland and the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) have today announced plans for a new partnership conference to showcase the opportunities flowing from Scotland’s zero waste ambitions to a wider audience. The new annual two-day event will build on the existing Scottish Waste and Resources Conference which has run successfully for more than ten years.
The conference programme is set to tackle some key - and topical - issues over the two days. Starting with an opening address on "Safeguarding Resources: How Scotland is Meeting the Challenge" and closing with "Looking Forward to a World Without Waste", the conference will also cover sessions on the "Resource Revolution" and "Business Opportunities In A Low Carbon Economy".
Key Speakers Include
- Richard Lochhead MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Environment
- Fergus Ewing, Minister for Energy, Enterprise and Tourism
- Stuart Greig, Scottish Government
- Derek Robertson, Keep Scotland Beautiful
- Ray Georgeson MBE, The Resource Association
- Simon Catford, Viridor
For the full conference programme and booking information visit www.scotwaste.org