The Resource Management Plan (RMP) tool is one of the outstanding projects granted the London 2012 Inspire Mark, the badge of the London 2012 Inspire programme which recognises exceptional and innovative projects inspired by the 2012 Games.
What is the Resource Management Plan (RMP) tool?
In partnership with LOCOG (the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games), we have developed a free online tool for event organisers, venues and suppliers to help reduce waste created from an event.
This practical online tool will help organisations at every stage of the event supply chain understand where their opportunities exist for reducing waste leading up to, during and after an event including capturing site waste management plans. By developing a tailored resource management plan, this tool can:
- forecast the types of waste that will be generated at each stage of your event;
- measure reductions in waste to landfill;
- provide feedback and a post-event report; and
- complement other recycling 'on the go' initiatives you may be undertaking.
How can the RMP tool help me?
Planning is of key importance when setting up any event and using this tool at an early stage will help you identify key opportunities for you and your supply chain to re-use items and reduce event waste. This tool will help you:
- reduce material and waste management costs;
- meet environmental targets and client requirements;
- maximise the value from your waste;
- take account of your construction activity;
- demonstrate compliance with BS8901; and
- identify opportunities to reduce waste, increase re-use and recycled content.
Getting started with the RMP tool
Before using this tool you will need to register by clicking on the button below and following the online instructions. Once you receive your login details you can start using the tool.
Read our latest case studies to see how organisations such as Coca-Cola GB and Manchester United Football Club have used this tool.
Working with LOCOG
LOCOG's aim is to host the most sustainable Olympic Games possible and to ensure a lasting legacy. The Games are a key driver for this tool and will help event organisers, venues and suppliers of all sizes to reduce their event waste.