To provide delegates with the opportunity to aquire the knowledge, understanding and skills to plan, develop, deliver & evaluate an effective communications campaign to support improvements to a waste and recycling collection service.
To apply for this course please log on to the Virtual Learning Environment.
Individuals who are seeking to develop an understanding of communications planning and apply a good practice design approach to the development of communications materials to improve the consistency and clarity of communications ensuring increased efficiency of recycling schemes.
1 day non residential
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- ssess the communications required to support service/scheme improvements;
- define the communications aim and SMART objectives;
- identify and categorise target audiences and evaluate their communications needs;
- develop communications messages that address the needs of the target audience in direct relation to the planned service/scheme improvements;
- critically review a range of communications methods and choose/recommend those most appropriate to meet audience needs and deliver the communications messages;
- calculate the resource implications and costs of different communications activities and overall campaign costs;
- develop a communications plan and timeline to deliver a successful communications campaign;
- monitor an evaluate a communication campaign; and
- develop a design brief that enables designers to meet the Council’s requirements.