Facilities are defined as:
- Commercial AD – AD sites that import feedstock, often set up 3rd party contracts.
- Industrial AD – AD sites that use their own waste as feedstock. Many of these are effluent treatment sites and handle large volumes of liquid.
- Part of integrated waste mag’t AD – AD is named as one process amongst other treatment processes on a site. In some cases AD is treating organic waste fractions (not source segregated material)
- Demonstration AD – AD sites that process feedstock for demonstration or feasibility purposes.
- On-farm AD - AD sites that process slurries, manures, crops or crop residues produced on-farm
The output for these include
- Heat and/or Power ( CHP) – where the biogas which is burned on-site to generate heat, power or both
- Biomethane to Grid (BtG) – where the biogas is upgraded and biomethane is injected into the national gas grid
Listed capacity (tonnage) is operational capacity, not throughput. This reflects the potential capacity of the digester. Similarly, the output capacity is about potential electrical generation, not actual.
If your AD site is operational but is not shown on the list/map, we'd appreciate you getting in touch so that we could add it. Please provide your details in this contact form.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Whilst the AD spreadsheet and related map are accurate to the best of WRAP’s knowledge, WRAP offers no warranty and accepts no liability relating to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained within.