Benefits of signing up
By signing up to the FHC, companies in the food and drink manufacturing sector are reaping the benefits from improved water efficiency and financial savings, whilst contributing to the overall industry-wide target to reduce water use. These benefits include:
- Cost savings: substantial savings can be made on bills, often with minimal initial financial investment.
- Meeting client requirements: increasingly, large supermarkets and other clients care about and report on the impact they make on the environment and expect their supply chain to do the same. FHC signatories are making a public declaration of their commitment to environmental sustainability and are taking action to reduce their impact on the environment.
- Operational compliance: many food and drink manufacturers are regulated through environmental permits, or operate a certified environmental management system where monitoring, setting targets and demonstrating continuous improvement are key requirements. The FHC aligns to these requirements and can support signatories with continuous improvement and compliance.
- Future-proofing: making an investment today, with access to specialist expertise, is smart preparation for a more resource-constrained future.
Support for signatories
FHC signatories have access to a package of tools and specialist support to help them review and reduce their water use, including:
- Peer working group meetings: Peer working groups are open to all signatories and provide training and advice (specifically on technical and management issues) focused on helping signatories implement action plans and realise savings.
- Technical support delivery: FHC signatories have access to limited specialist support to help them review and reduce their water use. This approach ensures that signatories receive appropriate tailored technical support specific to their site and company needs.