Edoc is a European Union project led by the Environment Agency and supported by WRAP.
Waste Transfer Notes
Currently all waste-producing businesses have to produce waste transfer notes (WTNs) by law. Currently 23 million WTNs are produced per annum in paper format. These have to be stored for up to 7 years in some cases.
What is edoc?
- The new online system has now been launched and will enable you to create, share, sign and record Waste Transfer Notes.
- Edoc is a means of moving away from paper-based WTNs to an electronic system that will be much more efficient for businesses to administer.
- Edoc is available in all UK countries and is free.
What are the benefits for users?
- Improved tracking and understanding of the waste they produce
- Reduced paper use and storage
- Saves time and money
- Enhanced business reputation
- Downloadable business reports
What are the benefits for waste operators?
- Potential to collect good quality data
- Reduced cost of surveys
- Improved compliance
- Better customer service
Find out more
Edoc is co-financed by the European Commission (LIFE +) and is being delivered by Environment Agency. WRAP, along with Chartered Institute of Waste Management (CIWM), Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA), Reconomy UK, Welsh Government, Defra and SEPA are all supporting the programme.