- What are the benefits of taking action to reduce waste?
- Food waste prevention digests - essential information tailored to your sector
- WRAP’s 5-5-5 approach to reducing waste
- Your Workplace Without Waste
- Help for SMEs
- Evidence – the facts and figures
- Keep in touch!
Food waste within food manufacturing and retail is valued at £1.9 billion. We have all the tools you need to take action on waste and save money.
If you or your company needs convincing about the business case to reduce waste, read about the commercial, legal/policy and environmental reasons why waste reduction should be at the top of your agenda.
Our new series of interactive digests, tailored to ten different audiences, sectors and topics such as retailers, fresh produce and packaging, brings together all the information you need in a user friendly and accessible format.
How much can I save?
Use WRAP’s waste prevention calculator to get an idea of how much you can really save by taking action on waste.
Use WRAP’s experience of working with businesses to help your company target its efforts to maximise waste and cost reductions.
Explore our 5-5-5 approach to see the detailed guidance and tools available to help you every step of the way.
5 key actions to take Find out what we recommend as the essential actions your company should be taking to drive out waste.
5 key areas to target WRAP has found the biggest waste reductions can be achieved through targeting five key areas of your business.
- 5 stages to follow Once you know what your waste hotspots are, follow these 5 stages to eliminate waste and cost.
- understand the financial and environmental impacts of workplace waste
- learn how to recognise, measure and cost waste
- generate solutions to reduce waste and put them into practice.
All the guidance on waste reduction in these pages is suitable for all types of food and drink companies, however there are further resources available specifically for SMEs through WRAP’s Business Resource Efficiency hub.
For anyone who would like to delve into the detailed research WRAP has undertaken, have a look at:
- Estimates of waste in the food and drink supply chain
- Research and reports handy summaries - grocery sector
- Resource listing - all WRAP published tools, guidance and research on food waste prevention in manufacturing and retailing
Sign up to our retail and supply chain newsletter to keep up-to-date with new guidance and tools from WRAP.