This section of the data portal provides information that is relevant to all sectors of the recovery and recycling market.
The data presented here comes from respected, publicly available and regularly updated sources on the internet.
By following the link(s) above the graphics, you can find out more details on the source of the data and visit the sites to access the full data.
The current highlights and trends are:
• Brent crude oil prices averaged around £67 per barrel in May 2013, unchanged from April 2013.
• Cotton prices were stable between April and May 2013, averaging £0.53 per lb.
• Unleaded petrol prices remained unchanged between March and April 2013 at 137 pence per litre, a decrease of 5 pence per litre since April 2012.
• Diesel prices decreased by 3 pence per litre between March and April 2013 to 142p per litre. This is a decrease of 6p per litre from April 2012.
• Gas prices decreased by 2.50 pence per therm between March and April 2013 to 67 pence per therm. This is an increase in 9 pence per therm since April 2012.
• Electricity prices averaged 47pence per MWh in May 2013, a decrease of 7 pence per MWh from the month previous. This is broadly the same price as May 2012.
- Cross-market data
- PRN prices
- Materials collected from households for recycling 1997-2009
- Materials recovery - industry turnover
- Wholesale of waste and scrap - industry turnover
- Global oil spot prices
- UK gas price index
- Electricity spot prices
- Retail petrol and diesel prices
- Carbon prices
- Household WEEE collection
- Cotton prices
- Data sources